SMTP passwords can be set per private address. This allows you to keep your API key separate from your SMTP passwords. This password can be set by selecting “Manage Email Addresses” in the Dashboard and selecting POP/SMTP next to the email address you want to define a SMTP password for.
Email can be forwarded using websockets, webhooks, slack, and catchall. The way email is forwarded has been changed for consistency. Reserved addresses, which are part of a catchall domain, will now be the inbox email is saved to. Catchall forwarding will still take place on websockets, webhooks, and slack webhooks.
- Websocket post to *@domain.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webhook post to *@domain.com and email@example.com
- Slack Webhook post to *@domain.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save email only to email@example.com
The Unified Inbox provides a way to see all of your private addresses at once. We added several enhancements to make the Unified Inbox the place you to manage all your Mailsac addresses.
- Added pagination to inbox
- Added arrow navigation buttons (Allows for easy navigation from one message to the next)
- Cleaned up the UI by removing split pane view
- Fixed sent mail message preview
The required TXT and MX records for setting up a BYODomain (Bring Your Own) are now compatible with most GUI DNS editors.
The current origin is referred by “example.com.”, which is RFC 1035 compliant. Notes on the page have been made showing that some GUI editors (such as Namecheap) require the use of a “@” in place of the current origin.
The robustness of our SMTP server has been improved by providing better response codes.
- Response code 553 when email is missing a recipient
- Response code 421 when inbound email is being throttled and the server is unable to accept the message until a later time
- Response code 554 with meaningful error message describing the cause (blacklisting or internal server error)
Incoming SMTP connections will be queued based on system load. The connection will stay open while waiting for system resources. If the SMTP connection cannot be completed in a reasonable period of time the server will issue a response code of 421. This situation may be encountered while sending a large amount of email from a specific server or to Mailsac hosted email address.
We offer custom domains to get around throttling, in all but the heaviest DDOS scenarios. Also, Enterprise customers can visit mailsac.com/enterprise to view higher performance or dedicated deployments.